15 February 2011

I Give You The Business


Ahhh, the hustle of an independent designer. I've spent so many years of my life in Denver unemployed, or loosely employed, or employed in a position that has no future, or looking for employment. I had a little sister sister that passed away in 2003, followed by stint with no nothin' to report to. I made time to draw everyday. For a good couple years, in the land before blogs, I committed myself to a drawing a day (or more) and this served as my school, my job, and my goal, putting one foot in front of the other. Putting perfection aside and letting me be bad, gave me freedom to finish 4. I'm working on my fifth.
One day, I hope to better represent what I have in my thoughts. The goal as an artist to get each idea down is a job in itself... nevermind the demands of my children, my house.
On a good day, my work comes across as cute or pretty or subtle. I like being in my sketchbook, where I'm comfortable. For now, painting takes too long. I am on a search for a new medium.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. First of all, that sucks that you lost your little sister...always wanted one of them, I am so sorry. Your work is so awesome...just as it is! Maybe there is all this "unfinished" stuff in your head, but what you are "just" journaling is pretty amazing and looks finished to me. I really love your style. My son graduated with a degree in graphic design, and your work history description left me chuckling...his could read just like yours. keep drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with 'Me' above. You are doing. You are creating. You are talented beyond imagination. I am inspired by you. I want to be you when I grow up. Keep up the good work glorious, creative, talented, sensational, articulate, descriptive mommy-doer Zshanna!

    ReplyDelete